Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: OT - "Guide to Dallas Driving"
From: "Jon" <jon.stanton@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 19:59:54 -0700

In 1957 Santa Clara Valley was a virtual garden of Eden...all orchards and
farms..
I'm not so sure about a recovery as I still have a tax client base of over
400 clients in San Jose. In 13 years of tax prep I never saw so many
unemployment 1099's as I had this past tax season...Cisco, Lam, IBM, AMD,
Oracle, Sun, Intel all had massive lay offs. Then there are the Larry
Ellisons (who went to my high school in Chicago) that brag  they just hired
2000 engineers.....in India, and promise to do the same to People Soft
should his takeover succeed