Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica vs. Digital: Our divided loyalties
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:50:18 -0700

Digital, for now, is clearly it's own beast - just as black and white is
different from color. This will change over time. I suspect that the current
digital trend will be short-lived as we look to organic sensors with greater
density and sensativity. "Did you feed the cameras today, Ted? You know they
just HATE to be fed after 9, they get cranky and the colors shift..."

I think most of use seldom use more than what digital gives us. Do you put your
M on a tripod to shoot or only shoot at 1/1000th? If you don't are you REALLY
getting the full benefit of that Leica glass? I don't think we do, I think we
slip into the domain of digital imaging simply by hand holding and shooting at
slower shutter speeds, so we never capture what we might otherwise achieve.

Adam

Replies: Reply from "Jim Laurel" <jplaurel@nwlink.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica vs. Digital: Our divided loyalties)