Subject: Re: [Leica] Almost on topic - Televid question.
From: Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 20:19:26 +1000

This isn't what you asked about, but I bought the Leica to R telescope
ocular last year.  I clicks onto R lenses (and Ms with an adapter I
suppose) and can be used with 1.4 and 2 X converters too.  So, lend
your brother your 180/2 and 2X APO converter and he'll have a hellishly
bright spotting scope with variable depth of field.  This is a great
accessory.

The Televid's I've tried were as good as Leica's camera lenses and
binoculars, ie, wonderful to use and look through.  Me, I'd go for the
APO version and fixed eyepieces.  A good tripod and smooth pan tilt
head will make the scope all the better.

Regards,  Rick Dykstra, Australia.