Subject: Re: [Leica] Article about HCB
From: Martin Howard <mvhoward@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 17:22:19 -0700

Stasys Petravicius wrote:

> I think he thinks like Ted Grant- art (or for that matter-
> photography) is in
> the doing- not in talking about it.

Show me any artist who thinks that art is in talking about it rather
than doing it, and I'll show you a quasi-intellectual wannabe artist
philosophy major.

That doesn't mean to say that talking about various aspects of art
cannot be interesting and fruitful in its own right -- but it doesn't
constitute art in itself.  Unless, of course, you're a
quasi-intellectual wanna be artist philosophy major who then goes on to
label it a "performance piece".

M.