Subject: Re: [Leica] Full circle with Nikons
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 06:42:46 -0700

Alastair Firkin wrote:

> BIG SMILE ;-)
> On Friday, Jul 11, 2003, at 00:38 Australia/Melbourne, Douglas Herr
> wrote:
>
> > Steve LeHuray <steve@streetphoto.net> wrote:
> >
> >> ...damn!! I am always out of step -- I hope I can catch up
> >> one of these days.
> >
> > Just be sure you're not catching up with the lemmings!
> >

> > Doug Herr

The "lemmings" for me as I've mentioned often are photographers who went
from Nikon to Canon.
Only to have the F5 come out focus faster with the newer lenses.
Then Canon got anti shake
then Nikon stopped shaking too.

Canon had come out with excellent shift lenses.
Nikon's are pretty good. I know a guy who shoots Nikon but had a Canon
body with a shift lens on it.

Then Canon came out with a cheap digital body in the past year.
Nikon almost caught up with the D100 but I'm sure the D101 will be
there.  Ok the D145
I hope there is an upgrade. You can always fix it in the software,if not
the firmware.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com