Subject: Re: [Leica] Full circle with Nikons
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 07:32:29 -0700

Phong wrote:

> Mark,
>
> Welcome to the D side !  I look forward to hear your experience
> with producing high quality prints, especially in B&W, on this
> or any other list.  Or are you just going to produce web images ?
>
> - Phong

My first plan was to feed it into my Epson 2200 and make a new portfolio
for myself in 11x14 Epson matte paper.
Stick it in a Domke F-802 Reporter's Satchel with some camera gear.
I might also use the 1200 i still have hooked up with quadtone MIS black
and white "inks."
I'm sure some of my clicks of the shutter will almost instant be
uploaded to my "what i just did five minutes ago" page.
I just got this book:  the "Perfect Digital Portfolio" by Stephen
Romaniello. AVA publishing SA Switzerland! It says Stephen works in
Tucson Arizona.
He's talking about websites and Digital distribution. Gettin your CD's
to people. DVD's?  I've recorded some country western songs but I don't
think that's what he has in mind.

I thought it would have a lot of making a CD or DVD and putting it in
you Laptop and presenting it to potential clients or the person sitting
next to you on the bus but it might be mainly Web Portfolios. I recall
him writing about using your Browser software on your CD or DVD to have
your portfolio be your website.
I don't even have an I-book.

Yes well have them all dancing on the head of a pin in no time!

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com