Subject: Re: [Leica] Perhaps more reason to avoid ebay
From: "Joseph Codispoti" <joecodi@clearsightusa.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 11:25:07 -0700

From: "George Lottermoser" <imagist@concentric.net>
While I appreciate the pragmatistıs attitude in these matters, can we not
also attempt to keep a few things somewhat private. Donıt I have the right
to my own Social Security Number, Bank account numbers, etc. Or are you
suggesting that these numbers cab be public information, available to and
useable by anyone. Should anyone and everyone have the right to know what I
buy, where I shop, what drugs I take, who I phone and when and how long I
talk to them? Within the last couple days Iım receiving spam which suggests
that Iım sending spam because some spammer grabbed my email address and used
it as a ³from². I consider these types of intrusions and uses of my identity
and records to fall into the ³over the top² category; and believe that I
should have some legal means of stopping such intrusions and id thefts; not
the opposite.

Fond regards,

G e o r g e   L o t t e r m o s e r,    imagist

Unfortunately, our need to do everything ever faster, coupled with the
instant gratification syndrome (some call it progress), has brought us to
the present point of unreasonable scrutiny.
It would be wonderful to be free of SPAM, intrusions, and identity theft.
Money is the motive for it all. As long as we are willing to spend it,
"they" will be glad to try to extract it from us in any way possible.
US residents are the greatest target because we are most willing to part
with our money.
Yes George, we should have the right to keep most of our habits private. I
too dread being manipulated by those bent on extracting a few bucks from me.
"1984" and "Big Brother" are here and barring a revolution, there will not
be significant change.

Joe