Subject: [Leica] Re: Piezotone & bwguys
From: kip@mac.com
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 16:12:15 -0700

All:

Ben marks wrote:

> Note that Epson's inks are (as I beleive Tina mentioned) dye-based
> rather than pigment based.

It should be clarified that one of the pros and cons of the Epson 2200
(which I own) is that its inks ARE pigment-based, not dyes. Epson
manufactures both types depending on which model of printer, but
everyone should be aware that the 2200 uses pigment-based inks. The pro
is the archival nature of the 2200's output; the con is a "bronzing"
effect, especially on glossy papers.

Kip Peterson
San Diego

Replies: Reply from Jim Hemenway <Jim@hemenway.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Piezotone & bwguys)