Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Epson 3000 or 2200 - Now Inkjetmall.com and bwguys.com
From: "J. Gilbert Plantinga" <jgp@gilplant.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 21:06:32 -0400

On Saturday, July 5, 2003, at 07:44  PM, Adam Bridge wrote:

> Ted I have not printed with the Matte Black ink yet. I have it, but I
> think I
> have to register it differently with OS X and I haven't taken the time
> to figure
> that out yet.

Sorry to keep so far off topic (even though they are Leica negatives).
To switch inks just pop out the partly used black, pop in the other. In
OS X go to the Print Center, open the Printer List, delete the 2200 (in
all its varieties, roll, minimum margins etc.), and then click Add. The
system will detect the appropriate black. The printer must be turned on
the entire time.

> I'm not sure how well the black ink that I've removed from the printer
> will
> store while I'm printing B&W instead of color on the 2200. What has
> been your
> experience for shelf life of the open cartridge?

I've left a half-full Photo Black standing vertically next to the
printer (more 'on than 'in' a loose, not sealed, plastic bag to protect
my desktop) for over a week with no ill effect.

Gilbert