Subject: Re: [Leica] Fuji Frontier 4R prints lose detail that is in the negatives?
From: tripspud <tripspud@transbay.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 07:32:58 -0700

Hi Martin,

       I'll comment here, since all my prints in the darkroom so far have
been 4x6 prints from 35mm black and white negatives in the wet
darkroom.

       One image is of an historic building and in front is a plaque explaining
about the building.  The writing on the plaque is unreadable in the 4x
enlargement without a magnifying glass. With a 4x or 7x lupe, it's
possible to just barely read the plaque, so the limits of practical
resolution has been reached (Agfapan 100, 35mm lens handheld
in bright light, careful focus on the sign at f/8.

       I guess an image like this would become total mush when scanned,
and attempting to read the writing.

Cheers,

Rich Lahrson
Berkeley, California