Subject: [Leica] Re: Development question
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 13:43:19 -0500

Martin:

>if I
>were to put a single roll of film in with 600ml of fluid (since the
>amount of liquid is the same, regardless of the number of films) would
>that give an incorrect time, compared to when I then later use five
>rolls of film for the same amount of chemicals?  Would the difference
>be significant?  Could I get around this by banging in four unexposed
>films too?  Or do I have to have five exposed rolls of film?

As long as you're not approaching the point of developer exhaustion with the
five exposed rolls of film, it shouldn't matter.  That said, I don't know
how to easily determine whether or not a given setup is near developer
exhaustion.

To make life easier on yourself, I'd suggest making your test environment
identical to your real environment.  Perhaps you could get close with using
just one roll...but then when you want to make sure that your results are
accurate for 5, start using 5 exposed rolls of film...exposed
"normally"...so you don't have all overexposed or all underexposed shots.

Eric