Subject: Re: [Leica] And I thought I was doing so well on eBay
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 11:31:37 -0700

Steve Unsworth wrote:

> Yesterday I sold an M2 on eBay, I'm in the UK, the buyer is in the US. He
> asked for postage cost to the US, I sent him an invoice - everything's going
> very well and then this morning I received this email from him...
>
> 'Hello Steve, After seeing the total U.S. currency involved in this auction,
> and after learning that you are not a verified U.S. PayPal member, and will
> not except any other type of payment. And including the fact that the item
> is showing many signs of  use.  I am choosing to decline payment. Sincerely
> XXXXXX'
>
> All the issues he addresses were clearly indicated in the original auction,
> the fact that I'm in the UK, the payment method for non UK winners the
> condition of the camera etc..
>
> I've sent him an email pointing out the eBay rules when it comes to bidding
> and the obligations placed upon the winner of an auction and am waiting for
> a reply - hence the XXXXXX in the place of his name.
>
> To be honest I'm not sure why I'm sending this other than to let of steam -
> the sound you can hear is steam being released :-) - I feel better already.
>
> End of rant
>
> Steve

Steve I'm real sympathetic but would be even more sympathetic if i
didn't know about it. ... by reading this on the lug.

At least what you were selling was on topic here but there is a rule
that this kind of stuff does not go here.
Which certainly goes with my thinking.
I'm very abhorrent of ebay ebayisems and ebayograms. Luckily the powers
that be on this list at least partially agree.
Hence the rule.
I hope others don't start venting their ebay angst on us as a result of
glancing at this post but instead; bring it down to the local camera
store where it will sit behind the glass counter for half a decade when
it is bought by a college kid who demands you show them how to load a
roll of film into a metal reel too go into a metal development tank.
Then you say "Don't use D76 straight kid! Use it 1:1!

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com