Subject: [Leica] Those Leitz Cassettes...
From: tripspud <tripspud@transbay.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 02:31:48 -0700

Hi!

       We were talking earlier about the Leitz cassettes and
how the 'cut' for the 35mm film leader is 'scratched' into the
the outside shell of the the cassette.  This cut matches the
ABLON's cut pattern.  Well, I just found out that on the Leitz
spool, the cutting pattern for the other end of the film is recessed
on the core opposite the white arrow.  This 'cut' as well is
the same as the ABLON.  No doubt in the early days when
red safelights were used with ortho films it would be possible
to cut it under the safelight.  With the ABLON, you can do
it in total darkness.

Cheers,

Rich Lahrson
Berkeley, California