Subject: Re: [Leica] Documentary Photography 2003
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 17:36:31 -0700

on 07/01/03 1:20 PM, Steve LeHuray at steve@streetphoto.net wrote:

> ...I hate to say this because it seems to be terrible what happened to
> George, but anybody dumb enough to take a picture of kids that they do not
> know, is out of touch with our world today.

Boy is that ever true. Working as a news photographer, more than once I was
reported to the police as a pervert bothering some kids. Fortunately, the
police were savvy to it, and would ask them what our cars look like. (Easy
when there are only four news photographers in the whole town). If they
describe our car, the cops would say "Don't worry, they work for the
News-Press, they're OK."

It was good we were normally on good terms with the local police (with a few
notable individual exceptions).

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

                                                        -Albert Einstein