Subject: Re: FLATBED?[Leica] New Holy War--Film Scanners
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 17:22:52 -0700

on 07/01/03 9:06 AM, Ernest Nitka at enitka@twcny.rr.com wrote:

> pardon me if I've already mouthed off about the 3200 - I have it
> and like if very much

I use a Firewire Epson flatbed at work, but I'll only do 35mm. It's pretty
much accepted that to get top quality with a flatbed scanner and 35mm film,
you have to spend considerably more for the flatbed than I would for the
Nikon ED4000. And since I don't have that much MF film in my personal
archive, I can do what little I have at work on my lunch break.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

"We should be careful to get out of an experience only the wisdom that is in
it -- and stop there; lest we be like the cat that sits down on a hot stove
lid. She will never sit on a hot stove lid again -- and that is well; but
also she will never sit down on a cold one anymore." -- Mark Twain