Subject: Re: [Leica] Documentary Photography 2003
From: tripspud <tripspud@transbay.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 14:02:09 -0700

Hi Steve,

       Every circumstance is going to be different.  A few months ago, I'm
riding my bicycle and the road, major street is blocked off because of
an accident.  So I walk the bike through the area and here's this car,
upside down all smashed up.  I pull out the Leica D and grab the shot
with the ambulance in the back, door open, cops, spectators all over.
I  continue walking the bike and over on my right is the accident's
victim on a stretcher being given first aid.  I think, NO WAY, am I
going to approach over there for a shot, as I felt in my gut it would
be an invasion of that person's privacy at  a difficult moment.  The
shot of the car, ok, the victim not ok.  I don't go looking for these
types of pictures, either.

Cheers,

Rich Lahrson
Berkeley, California