Subject: RE: [Leica] R8/R9 Digital Back announced
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 10:31:36 -0400

> >Tell me about Bayer filters and why they degrade resolution.  Or
> >point me to web links that I can read .
>
> A basic description is given on the Foveon page:
>
> http://foveon.com/X3_better.html

Hum...though it does have information, it's VERY biased information...take
ANYTHING Foveon says with a truck load of salt.  They invent phenomenon that
doesn't exist, or is long solved, simply to bolster their product.

A FAR better, more unbiased, write-up would be at www.dpreview.com under the
technical section...if you can't find it, let me know and I'll find it for
you and post the link.

Austin