Subject: Re: [Leica] USING them, cameras.
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 08:46:17 +0200 (MEST)

> >A true confession to start your week. ;-) No I'm not ready to sell off all
> >my Leica gear just yet. ;-)  So keep using them guys and gals as sure as
> >hell you'll lose them! There you go eh?
> >ted
>
> Ted -
>
> The great thing about getting older (about the only great thing!) is that
> you get to do more of what you want to do and less of what you have to
> do.

Hear hear!

> I can tell from looking at the medical photos that you really love
> what you are doing there.  Do what you love and forget the rest!  You
> deserve it.

Really, sports shooting is like going the police beat on your first job at
the newspaper. After a 30 year hiatus later you might not be able to go
that same same beat with the same finess (not to mention that your skills
at writing obituaries will have dulled ... my very very first job).

Why bother with the whole gambit? Go for depth instead of ephemeral images
of youth in their prime crossing the finish line. Let the kids do that :)

As long as those hands are steady enough to hold your 90 at 1/8.

Daniel