Subject: [Leica] Don's PAW 25, Bob surveys the damage
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 07:51:06 -0400

This week brings us to a small oasis of woods in the middle of Atlanta.
John Ripley Forbes got the ball rolling to acquire about 25 acres of mostly
pristine woods in the heart of Atlanta from sububanization.  Bob, pictured,
is the forest manager of this cool inviting place.  When I visited he was
directing about 100 future farmers in trail restoration.  In English that
means humping 100# loads of wood mulch down the trail to bare spots.

Two days before I visited there had been a deluge that knocked down tress
and rolled boulders down the creek.  The only damage to the trails was some
washing of mulch and removal of barriers over the bridges.

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=1582903&size=lg

Comments always welcome.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com