Subject: RE: [Leica] lens testing question
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 22:37:39 -0400

Simon,
No one else has jumped in on this so let me try a least a comparative
method.  You will need something with a stable and measurable light
output.  Perhaps a slide viewer if your electrical supply is stable.
You will also need a light meter that reads incident light.

My proposal would be to measure the raw light coming off your light
source through the diffusion cone of your meter.  Then measure the light
coming from the lens through the diffusion cone.  I would do these at
all marked stops and chart it in say EV.  If you did this for several
lenses you would have some idea of relative output.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com