Subject: [Leica] I love the LUG
From: Martin Howard <mvhoward@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 19:51:58 -0700

I love the LUG.  As a phenomenon, it never ceases to amaze the bored
social scientist lurking within me.  On the one hand we have a thread
lauding the new proposed digital R back, how digital has surpassed
film, and anything you can do in the darkroom you can do in Photoshop.
On the other hand, and at the same time, we have a thread extalling the
virtues of the old thread-mount Leicas, more or less serious
suggestions that they make excellent first rangefinders, and voices
from every corner defending each of its bizarre quirks as advantages
over more modern gear.

Never a dull moment.

M.