Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital has WON? Not by a longshot .. .. yet
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 19:23:36 -0700

Exactly, Tina.

Digital has many advantages over film and it doesn't matter what some
people might think. Those of us who have added it to our workflow know
what it is capable of. It's not a perfect substitute for film - yet.
But it's getting there. Film can shine in some areas where digital
could be better. Simply put, it's palette is different. Not better or
worse. But when it's the appropriate choice, it sure makes our lives
easier, and more accurate. Color accuracy is my favorite part! Which
was my biggest gripe about the first professional lever cameras such as
the NC2000e.

I've been using Photoshop every day of my career for about 12 years
now. And you are quite right. Few people even scratch the surface of
what it can do. A few of us burrow a bit deeper. But most people never
exhaust its capabilities - even for some very basic functions. There
should be more classes, and people should take them! :-)

On Sunday, June 29, 2003, at 06:48  PM, Tina Manley wrote:

> If you invest the time and effort to learn what PhotoShop can do, you
> will have no doubts that digital can surpass film - even in the
> dynamic range category.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging. - Will Rogers.

Replies: Reply from "Jim McIntyre" <mcintyre@ca.inter.net> (Re: [Leica] Digital has WON? Not by a longshot .. .. yet)