Subject: [Leica] this puppie to Paw or not to Paw woof
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 19:10:38 -0700

Eric wrote:

> Ernest:
>
> >Here's a unique suggestion - those that really care about Bob Shell and
> >his well being can email privately Marc and Marc can respond as he sees
> >fit.  This thread has gone on too long and is only going to cause hard
> >feelings  on the list about things that are really OT and not fun.
>
> There will always be discussion on a list that is of interest to somebody
> and of absolutely no interest to others.  It wasn't that terribly long ago
> when people suggested that PAW discussions take place off list because they
> were cluttering the list too much.  I won't delve into wondering about why a
> list devoted to Leica photography would want to offload discussion of Leica
> photography, but I digress...  :)
>
><Snip>

Eric if a Paw happens to be done with a Leica it's pure coincidence it
seems to me. I've often thought things should be more definite as Paws
go and other discussions of our pictures we upload in some manner. Very
many have no technical information (who would ever want to know stuff
like that) and when you delve into it they were taken with other cameras
systems every time which represent a compleat opposite approach to 35mm
photography than Leica rangefinder. I believe there is nothing nerd-like
about knowing what lens the pixies on my screen was originally taken
with. I know we've differed on issues in this araea I'd not thought of
that when i started typing here but as to if Paw's are on topic or not
I'd sure think they would be if they were taken with Leica gear. That
way we can sit around talking or typing about the doing of Leica. As
apposed to the trading or collecting or hoarding or repairing of Leica.
Leica USERS'S Leica used for what? For taking pictures that's what they
are used for. So put up or shut up!

A friend up mine rang my doorbell the other day who is an expert on
every conceivable nuance of camera gear. A walking encyclopedia and now
getting into digital.
This time instead of walking in with a new camera and lens he walked in
with a stack of prints, (and I think a new camera and lens). They were
inkjets, A3's. He was into results and had a gleam in his eye like i
never saw before.
In my view digital changed him from a collector trader to a USER almost
over night. His money was going into expendables (inkjet paper and cartridges)
To me that is amazing. And in a positive way seeing that I'm not a
collector trader. But a user. And that's my point of view.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com

Message from Ernest Nitka <enitka@twcny.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] OT: Bob Shell news - let's end this puppie)