Subject: Re: [Leica] Digicam blues (whites and purples, actually)
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 11:30:31 -0400

At 07:57 PM 6/28/2003 -0700, you wrote:

>Graham, Sonny and Tina are shooting a lot with the Digilux or its
>Panasonic incarnation.  How do you folks deal with the dynamic range issue?

I set all of the parameters to low - low contrast, low saturation, low
sharpening.  I'd rather do all of that in Photoshop and it's much easier to
add than to subtract.  There are a couple of ways to increase the dynamic
range.  You can take two photos, one light and one dark and combine them in
Photoshop.  You can use Fred Miranda's Dynamic Range increase action that
you can buy for
$8.50  http://www.fredmiranda.com/shopping/catalogue.php?cat=7   He's got
lots of great actions for very cheap and they all work.

I don't generally have too much of a problem with the dynamic range of the
Digilux or Lumix, though.  Metering off of something that is about Zone 5
helps.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com