Subject: RE: Re: [Leica] Slide mounts/scanner feeders/workflow
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 09:10:21 -0400

At 11:32 PM 6/28/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>But, Tina, are you absolutely, hands down, satisfied with the prints
>that you produce digitally, and would you mind saying a little about how
>you make them?

Absolutely.  For black and white, I use channels to convert - like having
your choice of black and white filters.  Then I print with Piezography
quad-black inks in an Epson 3000, usually on Epson matte paper, but
sometimes various art and heavy-weight papers.

For color I'm using Generations Enhanced inks, also in an Epson 3000, with
profiles from Jon Cone on Legion Matter paper.

I gave a talk and show in Charlotte, sold 7 prints and converted several
people from darkroom to lightroom.

Digital is not there yet for low-light, but it's getting there.  I love the
depth of field of the M lenses and doubt that can be duplicated in digital,
but you never know!

I've got 8 M's and 3 R's and some of them will be up for sale as soon as I
find all of the boxes and papers.  I'm keeping my M7 and R8, though.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com

photos available from: