Subject: [Leica] Digital Back - huh?
From: Jeff S <four_season_photo@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 19:05:23 -0700 (PDT)

If it barks like a dog and wags it's tail like a dog,
it's probably a dog! This is not the digital R that
we're waiting for: This is a product that should never
be produced: The days of grafting a digital back onto
a 35mm film camera body are over, hopefully for good.
I own such a D-SLR, and whatever advantages I may have
in being able to switch between digital and film are
far outweighted (quite literally) by the sheer mass of
the thing. Converting between film and digital is a
fussy operation, and given the ~$1100 price of an R8
body, I fail to see why anyone would want to bother.

But the announced lead time is unusually long, and I
think in the end, common sense will prevail.

Jeff