Subject: RE: [Leica] Digital Back - I like the first step!
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 17:01:21 -0400

> > Rolfe,
> > It means one of a couple of things.  One, Nikon is feeling the heat of
> > the 1Ds and needed to get into the more pixel race to keep users or
> > avoid losing face.
> >
> > It could also mean that Nikon has a GF like image interpolator that lets
> > them create images that appear to be from a 10MP camera.
>
> But where is this documented? I don't see anything on Nikon's web site
> or anything about a software or firmware upgrade (other than those
> previously announced for other purposes).

I know that one of the Nikon cameras has non-square sensor elements, and it
interpolates one of the directions to make them square, and the result is
more pixels out...but...that doesn't mean more actual image data...you can
only get what the sensor gives you.

That is if this is what you're talking about...

Austin