Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: leica digital
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 00:46:00 -0400

Rolfe,

> Why don't you guys just go to Leica's site and watch/listen to the news
> conference where all these questions (and more) were answered in detail.

Helpful would have been to provide a link...AND as a note, not everyone can
play media files...  I tried, and it just doesn't work on my system, which
is a very standard Windows 2000 installation...  I've never seen "webPK"
media before either...and it certainly isn't something that is very
standard...and I don't have time to spend screwing around with their silly
hotline.

> And no, there is no anti-aliasing filter.

I was talking in general.  An anti-aliasing filter is common with Bayer
pattern CCDs, and it is only the latest crop of high resolution sensors that
it is not used.  So, YES, typically there is an anti-aliasing filter that
has to be accommodated, whether Leica chose to use one or not in this
implementation doesn't change that fact.

BTW, where does it say they don't use an anti-aliasing filter?

> Sheesh.

Sheesh, WHAT, Rolfe?  If someone wants to ask a question, why would you have
a problem with that?

Austin

Replies: Reply from Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: leica digital)