Subject: Re: [Leica] Shell news
From: "Gary Williams" <nasmformyzombie@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 00:36:34 -0400

Subject: [Leica] Shell news

> http://www.roanoke.com/roatimes/news/story151415.html
>
> (they do seem to have a thing about sodomy at the Roanoke Times and in the
> prosecutors office... is that Deliverance country...?)

I grew up about an hour from Roanoke and thankfully got out in my early
20's. The Central and Western Virginia area is a very conservative place run
by an interesting combination of entrenched, snooty blue bloods, and down
home rednecks and good old boys.  Why a photographer like Shell shooting
nudes would want to live in an area like this is beyond my
comprehension---unless he enjoyed being the main street "perv."  If Shell is
cleared of all other charges, they will still try to nail him on the sodomy
thing.  No self respecting good old boy would have it any other way.

If this is your definition of Deliverance country, then yes it is.

Gary