Subject: RE: [Leica] Any comments on 90mm lenses.
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 10:00:35 +0200 (MEST)

> The 90mm/2.8 tele-elmarit is reported to have problems with flare
> something the 90mm/2 is said to more or less eliminate.

Christian, it _must_ be the other way around. The 90/2.0 Summicron (older
version) flares easily (and I mean EASILY). I have a whole roll of film
that I shot with it on midsummer eve, late in the day when the sun was
lower) and I can only salvage the shots where the sun was in my back. They
weren'te very interesting, so none of them made it into the story. It was
enough to have the sun a little to the side and the whole frame gets
washed out.

I just got some extra money (maybe you did too ... it's payday for those
of us who paid too much tax in Norway last year) and I'm seriously
thinking about replacing it with the a current version Elmarit-M. It's
also light (ANYTHING is light compared to the older 90mm Summicron) and is
a good performer. If I ever need f2.0 or better, I can always pull out the
trusty F3 and 85 (OT). :) Or even better yet ... the D100 with the 50/1.8
Nikkor.

Daniel

Replies: Reply from "Erik van der Meulen" <e.van.der.meulen@avondel.com> (RE: [Leica] Any comments on 90mm lenses.)