Subject: Re: [Leica] Any comments on 90mm lenses.
From: "Robert VanLane" <robert@actv.ne.jp>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 16:26:44 +0900

In 90 there is a wide selection.
TeleElmarit
Elmarit
Nikon 85
Canon 85
Jupiter 85
Voigtlander
Summicron

I chose the TeleElmarit because of it`s compactness, excellent (but not as
good as the Elmarit)picture quality , filter size(39mm) and f 2.8 (but not
as fast as the 1.8 Nikon, Canon or Jupiter).

If I needed something a little faster I would probably go with a Canon or
Nikon or Jupiter or a beatup Summicron.

If my backup camera was a L mount it would affect my choice.

There is a fantastic guide to lenses at Steve Gandy`s site reviewing most of
the M and L lenses.

But I don`t use the 90 as often as I did on my SLR`s. I don`t know why
though ????
So is a 90 useful for you??????