Subject: Re: [Leica] Film is Archival
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 13:52:12 -0700

><Snip>
>
> Did my father-in-law expect that these photographs would likely be his
> most important photographic legacy? Of course not. He certainly did
> not make any significant money on these images. He made his living
> photographing studio portraits, school graduations, official events
> like most photographers.
>
> The tough part for most people is trying to figure out 40 years ahead
> of time which images willl be of value to the future.
>
> To keep this on topic, I inherited his used Leica and Hassebald bits
> to add to my own few Leica and Canon bits with which I hope to make
> some images that someone one day would find interesting and worth
> keeping. Of course, if digital photography ever becomes standardized
> enough to be considered archival, I certainly would consider using it.
>
> Regards
> Spencer

Your father-in-law sounds a little bit like Atget!

I have to admit the thought of real headhunters in T-shirts and jeans a
little unsettling.
Heck that's how the vampires are dressing now.
But I kind of wish they'd not blend in so much.
It used to be their peircings might have been a sure clue.
Now it would make them blend in even more.
Although the yuppies and the Goths have get to discover tigers teeth
jutting out their nose.

"Oh you mean you help people find jobs?"
"No! I REALLY AM A HEADHUNTER"
"You mean like a headhunter headhunter?"
"See this passport? what does it say?"
"Borneo!" (he runs away)

Have fun Spencer with your Leica's and Hasselblads. That's what i mainly
use. And Nikon digital looks like.
I love old negs like that. Love to have the chance to print them. They
always seem to print better than modern negs.
And I like the styles from several decades back better. Not the 70's though.

Well, got to knock out a few headshots.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com