Subject: Re: [Leica] Film is Archival
From: "Ted Bayer" <tedbayer@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 18:22:22 -0700

Hi A:

Most of the Kodachrome slides I have taken over the past 50 years are still
as good as they were when I received them back from Kodak...the Ektachromes
have changed color and some are good, some not so good.  Someone mentioned
Agfa slides - some of mine have also faded badly.

The color prints from the 50's are fading fast, but some are still pretty
good.

All of my black and white negatives and prints from 55 years ago are still
excellent.

As an aside, the black and white negatives (and the prints) my father took
back in the twenties and thirties (many of these are not the "safety" film
that came later)  are as good today as they were then.  I have a whole box
full of them and they print up just fine.

Who knows how the current films will stand up over time?

I will continue to shoot film.  Digital just doesn't cut it for me yet.

Ted