Subject: RE: [Leica] Digital usage
From: Tim Atherton <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 12:35:48 -0600

> I could go on and on with similar personal experiences.  And it's
> important
> to remember that abiltity to afford digital is not the only factor.  It is
> ease of use.  My wife, for example, just had a hard time
> remembering how to
> copy digital files onto the hard disk, not to mention printing them.  It's
> just not important to her.  During our year trip, she shot
> digital, while I
> shot film.  She was pleased with the digital results, until we
> came home and
> saw the results from the Leica Ms.  She now says she wants nothing to do
> with digital capture.

But that's not how the vast majority of people are beginning to use it
im  - I think my friend who went to NZ nearly gave himself a coronary
worrying about the hundreds of dollars worth of slide film he was carting
through security checks/X rays (as well as actually having to lug it about).

His wife with the Nikon had a couple of cards - when one was full, she would
find a 1hr lab, they would do her a set of prints and save the images to a
CD for her. That's it - she may print out a few extras when they get home,
but unlikely.

It's what most people around here with a small digicam do now.

tim