Subject: Re: [Leica] Latest from "Deep Throat" Leica - Digital Back Specs
From: Douglas Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 09:41:31 -0700 (PDT)

 bdcolen <bdcolen@earthlink.net> wrote:

> What this all adds up to is:

> 2. A 10 mgp digital manual focus camera that is not only not
> designed to be a digital camera, it is a Rube Goldberg
> contraption.

As far as I can tell all the interchangable-lens DSLR cameras presently on the market are based on film cameras, and can be considered Rube Goldberg contraptions... and if I were looking for this type of camera I'd be looking for a viewfinder as good as the R8's 'cuz accurate manual focus is more important to me than "works well most of the time" auto focus.  I'm not going to be in line for the first one to hit the states but OTOH I'm not going to dismiss it completely unless a production model is reviewed, tested and found lacking.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com