Subject: Re: [Leica] Summer vacation report
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@imagecraft.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 12:51:57 -0700

Yes, the two popular past times seem to be biking and fishing. Most motels
advertise "fish cleaning rooms" and you can buy "live worms" even in the
Vons (Safeway). Also, what they don't tell you about the Mono Lake on the
fancy websites is the "mono flies." Some of the edges of tufa look black
because there are so many of them. They don't bother human, as their goal
in life is to eat algae. Sort of weird when you walk past them and there is
a whooze type of wind noise from them flying away. The gulls that feed on
them just sort of open their mouths and run really fast and I guess the
flies just fly into them :-)

// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com>