Subject: Re: [Leica] Wedding Photography Questions
From: grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 12:14:48 -0500

I've been using the Portra 400UC and VC films for the past 6 months and
find them just right for my shooting.

Gene

                      David C Mason
                      <damason@mac.com>                   To:       leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
                      Sent by:                            cc:
                      owner-leica-users@mejac.palo        Subject:  Re: [Leica] Wedding Photography Questions
                      -alto.ca.us

                      06/17/2003 11:13 AM
                      Please respond to
                      leica-users

On Tuesday, June 17, 2003, at 11:48 AM, lea wrote:

> I've been doing weddings using the Kodak Portra line for a couple
> years now.
> I use their 400 and 800 and am very happy with them. I tested the Fuji
> line
> of films but found them to be poor in rendering purples so opted for
> Kodak
> instead. I would encourage you to shoot pro film, not consumer grade;
> you'll
> pay more but you'll be able to see the difference.

I don't want to start a film flame war, and I don't shoot weddings...
but I tried out a roll of the Portra NC and I thought it was the worst
color film I have ever put through my camera. The colors were muted and
hardly realistic. Certainly it could have been processing but I have
stuck with the cheap consumer grade Fuji and Agfa films and am very
happy with them.

Cheers,

Dave