Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Paper cutter/trimmer ? also WTB
From: tripspud <tripspud@transbay.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 08:30:17 -0700

Hi Phong!

      I use and prefer the older Honeywell/Nikor cutters.  I've
got a 20 inch model.  These paper cutter have a wider base,
so it's really 20 X 20 inches.  Also, the rotary blade swings
up.  This design was dropped for safty reasons, probable
not good if small children are around.  But the design is
very fast.  I've used it for paper and film, cutting 5x7 sheets
off an aerial roll of Panatomic-X, 1000ft x 5 inches.

       These cutters were made in sizes from about 12 inches
to 24 inches.  Available used in th $50 to $100 price range.
The black metal finish is scribed in 1/2 inch squares and the
original new models came with a guide bar, mine's missing.

Cheers,

Rich Lahrson
Berkeley, California
tripspud@transbay.net