Subject: RE: [Leica] Horseshoe bend
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 09:23:28 -0700

Gee.. besides my tripod, camera bag, and all the film, I gotta now carry a
ropes and harness?  Boy this hobby is getting really heavy and dangerous!

I have heard ( I have never visited Horshoe Bend to look for myself) that it
usually takes a 65 to shoot.... on 4x5.  Using that 5 inches as the degree
of wideness, a 35mm shot should require 1.5/5 or about 1/3 of 65mm or 20mm
as the longest lens to reproduce the same results.  Using the same
characteristics, on 6x6cm film  (2 inch by 2 inch) , the Hassy format would
require 2/5 or .4 times 65mm = 26mm.  I think the SWC might be too
long......

As a comment towards the image by Barnbaum, it is worth looking at for the
depth and craftsmanship of the B+W print aside from its image.  Another
truly wonderful printers.

Did you know that most of the current ( successful) crew of landscape
photographers all met or became friends on the Ansel Adams classes in
Yosemite Valley?  They were teachers or interns..  Barnbaum, Burkett, and
Sexton are the 3 that come to mind first.....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net