Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Bargin BAH!
From: "SonC \(Sonny Carter\)" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 14:02:43 -0500

How did you read all those implications into what I wrote?   Your post
had everything to do with peanut butter.  Please don't demean peanut
butter in your quest for justice, it's an excellent food for kids, and
is NOT cheap.   When you give a case of it to the Salvation Army, or
the Food bank, it is ready to use, no overhead but transportation.

   The Salvation Army is in the business of saving souls.  That they
also feed people and provide jobs for people is an added benefit.

I  don't believe the Leica deal ever happened.  and if it did,  I do
not  have enough information about the camera to know if this is
anything more than a "poodle in a microwave."

If a rare item comes in, it is really out of their realm to try to
move it in another way than their usual track.  Suppose they had
jobbed it out to KEH?  KEH would pay them at most 60% of what they
could get for it.  But,  Sister Jones has to make the deal,  pack the
camera, and well, you get the picture . . . Easier to put that stuff
out there, and if an occasional customer makes a great deal, ***this
is important*** GREAT!  people will hear about it and come in and buy
stuff.

When you give something to someone, it is a gift.  They can do what
they want to with it.   And I didn't donate a can of tennis balls to
charity last year.  I donated a motorhome with air conditioning, a
virtually new refrigerator,  three new tires,  and a new fuel pump.
I also donated several stationwagon loads of household goods and
clothes.  Guess what?  I don't care what they do with the stuff.  That
they sell it for pennies on the dollar is not my affair.

Thank you ma'am for listening to my side of the story.

Sonny

Replies: Reply from "lea" <lea@whinydogpress.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica Bargin BAH!)