Subject: Re: [Leica] Mark Pope's (non Leica) PAW Week 22
From: Teresa299@aol.com
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 17:35:16 EDT

In a message dated 5/31/03 12:59:35 PM, kididdoc@cox.net writes:

<< > About a week later we were visited by the local police who said that
> they were California Poppies and although probably planted legally
> several years earlier, weren't legal anymore and had to be removed,
> bulbs and all, and given to them.
>
> Your plants look just like em. >>

 ps.  Nice shot.   I'm not sure if you could have sqeezed in closer to take
out the gardening structure off on the right and thus just let us see flowers
and possible the fence in the backround.

Incidnetally, the seed heads on the poppies are a dead giveway that they are
NOT California poppies whose seed heads are long and pop open on warm days
spreading seeds for feet in all directions.  The seed heads on these plants are
cuplike with a distinctive "cap" on the top where seeds can be shaken out.  In
other words these papavers and not california poppies.

Kim

Paw index:
http://www.vonseidl.net/patchouli/KMVSPAW.html