Subject: [Leica] Re: The new digital reality -
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 21:05:15 -0500

Simon:

>But B.D., surely it is better to know you 'Got it!' than take five rolls and
>not know whether you 'Got it!' at all until they are developed.  By then it
>will be too late, and you'll never 'Get it!'.

How do you know that you "got it" by looking at a tiny LCD in bright
sunlight?

One of the major selling points of the M series, at least to me, is that I
know if I "got it" when I snap the shutter.  I can see through the
viewfinder what I got.  I can tell if I still see the eyes.  I can tell if
the subject moved.  No, I don't know if I blew the exposure...  Or if I left
the lens cap on.  All sorts of things that could happen thanks to Mr.
Murphy.  Same could be said for digital.  Until the picture is off the card
and onto your computer *and* backed up somewhere, you really don't have the
shot yet.

Eric

Message from Simon Lamb <simon@sclamb.com> (Re: [Leica] The new digital reality -)