Subject: [Leica] PECOW:Learning to use the Leicanon 10D
From: Roy Zartarian <rzartarian@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 13:05:52 -0400

LUGs

While some on the list have been debating the merits and feasibility of
the R8/9 digital back, I've been having great fun becoming familiar
with my new digital SLR, the Leicanon 10D.  While in one of the local
big box electronics stores recently, I detoured through the digicam
section.  One Canon 10D was is in stock. Since I already had the
Cameraquest Canon-Leica adapter and knew from the rental some months
ago of a D60 that it works, the 10D left the store with me.

My latest Picture Every Couple of Weeks contains the results of the
first two weeks of use with lenses ranging from the 28PC to the 280/2.8
and extenders. The pix are at:
http://www.photo.net/users/royzart/pecow/pecow06.html

Comments, criticism, etc, are welcome.

The camera has a good solid feel.  Even with the necessary stop-down
metering, the finder remains very bright.  In general, Leica lens
performance has been acceptable but I do note a bit of softness with
the 280 coupled to both the 1.4x and 2x extenders.  The accompanying
image processing software seems a bit slow in converting the RAW files.
  The newest versions of Vuescan work a bit faster in this particular
function.

Roy

Replies: Reply from Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com> ([Leica] Gary Winogrand 1964)