Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Courtesy (was Oh ... It's COMING SOON! :-)
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 03:50:21 -0700

Doug Herr wrote:

> on 5/27/03 4:50 PM, Joseph Codispoti at joecodi@clearsightusa.com wrote:
>
> > That people avoid eye contact seems to me to signify "I am not in the mood
> > for pleasantries".
>
> Among many non-human species, eye contact is considered a threat, either
> from a predator or from a more dominant member of one's herd.  I avoid much
> eye contact with my subjects for this reason.
>
> Doug Herr

This is also the case in most Federal Prisons.
Eye contact means the guy's got to kill you this week or nobodies going
to spot him on the bench press during the interim.

Don't ask me how i know I know. Also the Marines. You don't eyeball the
Sergeant. Remember "Cold metal jacket"? Of course the Sergeant didn't
end up so well as he went to the "head" unarmed!

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com

Replies: Reply from Dr.Alexander.Kraus@gmx.de ([Leica] Digital back for Leica R8/R9)