Subject: Re: [Leica] Oh ... It's COMING SOON! :-)
From: Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 08:50:23 -0700

Frank

Oh, that problem!  Well the Nikon handedness is a carry over from
the Contax direction of latching and focusing.  According to rumor.
Zeiss thought that Leitz had a patent on the right hand thread :-)
(That's a joke, Marc!)

Fortunately I am ambidextrous in my focusing and have had no
problems with Leica or Nikon.  I am not old enough to have
developed automated habits (or have forgotten them).  74 the
day after tomorrow.

Jerry