Subject: RE: [Leica] Oh ... It's COMING SOON! :-)
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 10:10:23 -0400

Gary,

> Give it up Austin, you just supported my analogy!

I bet if I said "asparagus", you'd somehow believe that as well ;-)

> The full photographic
> potential of the ND is NOT realized at only 100 ASA.  Period.

Period, eh?  What about the image is not at "full potential"?  Does it not
have a full tonal range?  Does it not have full resolution?  Does it not
have very low noise?  What, prey tell, Gary, is inferior about the image?

> To say
> anything else is ludicrous...ROTFL......

You obviously live in a different lexicon that I do.  I find your incessant
argument entirely foolish, and can't imagine what's up with your thought
process.

> The more you beat this point to death the sillier you look.

That's funny, as I think the same of you.

> Why not go to
> work for Contax and resurrect the ND?   Maybe they will re-badge it the
> "Contax N Digital AF (Austin Franklin) One Speed Fits All."

Hum.  So, film is no good because it's only one speed?  NEWS FLASH, Gary,
film has been ONE SPEED for a LONG time.  Also, because the camera doesn't
go 6400 ASA does that make it useless, at what point does the "useless" and
"not useless" point cross?  You honestly don't see the foolishness of your
argument I take it.  If you KNOW that the camera has CLEARLY STATED
specifications, and they don't meet your needs, how on earth does that make
it the cameras fault?  The car didn't say it ONLY worked in first gear, it
says it has 6 gears, the Contax N Digital CLEARLY stated it's supported ISO
speeds, and sample images were READILY available for your viewing BEFORE you
bought the camera.

> And after
> you're done with Contax, go and see Ferrari and see if they will
> buy into a
> first gear only Ferrari.  "FGOF"

Yeah, but Ferrari doesn't say their car only works in first gear.  Contax
CLEARLY stated what the ISO range of the camera was.

Austin