Subject: Re: [Leica] Summicron 50/2 Dual Range
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 22:49:25 -0600

The tab is there just to prevent you from removing the lens with the
eyes attached (close focus cam engaged). Leica offered the service of
removing the tab when the M5* was introduced but warned against then
inadvertently trying to remove the lens with the eyes attached (close
focus cam engaged). I do not have a DR so what terrible things result
if you do try to remove the lens with the eyes mounted, I do not know.

John Collier

*source: various Leitz and Leica Catalogs and instruction books.

Replies: Reply from Dr.Alexander.Kraus@gmx.de (Re: [Leica] Summicron 50/2 Dual Range)