Subject: Re: [Leica] Summicron 50/2 Dual Range
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infionline.net>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 10:59:58 -0400

At 12:12 PM 5/26/03 +0200, Dott. Ing. Claudio Rimediotti wrote:
>Hi All!!
>
>Someone has experience of using summicron 50/2 dual range in an M6 or in
>a M7?
>Does it work?
>I read in cameraquest.com that sometimes this lens doesn't work with M6
>camera...

The 2/5cm Leitz Summicron DF/NR should work with the M6, though I
understand that problems have occurred.  It will not work with the M6 TTL
or M7 due to the higher deck height of these cameras, though a locating tab
can be filed off of the "eyes" to allow them to fit on these later cameras.

My first-generation 2/5cm DR works perfectly on my early (Wetzlar) M6.  It
is a wonderful lens, quite sharp, though lacking the contrast offered by
later designs.

Marc

msmall@infionlinei.net  FAX:  +276/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!