Subject: Re: [Leica] Oh ... It's COMING SOON! :-)
From: "Gary Williams" <nasmformyzombie@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 16:09:27 -0400

> >You point to changes in the value of the dollar to talk about the camera
> >"increasing in value?" How much is a used M7, Karen? More than $2495?
>

> Errr...  we're talking about NEW prices right?
>
> Otherwise the point that the ND was $7000 when released, $5000 six
> months later would be really inane. Yes, the ND was $7000 (new) at
> first, then Contax lowered the price. So did Canon when the D60 was
> near end of life, and so does every other digital camera manufacturer.

When did Contax lower the price?  I follow Contax pretty closely.  The only
thing Contax did with the ND after introduction was pull the camera from the
market about 6-8 months later.  The camera is no longer being shipped to
retailers---B&H no longer lists the camera at all, not even as a special
order item.  I stand corrected on my $5000 price, the ND can be had in near
mint condition used for under $3500.  A sad end for a product that should've
never been released at all.

Gary

Message from Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com> (RE: [Leica] Oh ... It's COMING SOON! :-))