Subject: [Leica] Carl's PAW March & April '03
From: Carl Pultz <cpultz@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 09:06:32 -0400

Folks,

Getting caught up on the posting, which has been pretty lame so far this
year (the frequency, pictures or both?). From the few rolls I've had a
chance to shoot some stuff came out good enough to share.

http://quazynet.no-ip.org/PAW/PAW03-6.htm

This is a series from a rare sunny day in March at a grand Victorian
cemetery near my house. These places are wonderful for exercising your eye,
and at Mt. Hope there is no end to the variety of markers and sentiments
you'll see. Poke around my site and you'll find more. (Those are my dear
partners at the end.)

http://quazynet.no-ip.org/PAW/PAW03-7.htm

A few shots from around my block taken during an ice storm that hit at the
beginning of April. First is the lilac bush in my back yard. Sad to see,
but today it's in full bloom. It was a bit of a risk walking the streets
with limbs snapping off trees all around me. I soon chickened out and was
glad I only had 24 exposures to use up.

http://quazynet.no-ip.org/PAW/PAW03-8.htm

Views of a defunct farm that has been an eyesore for years in the midst of
a pricey suburb. I've always appreciated it as a poke in the eye of sprawl,
but occasionally the light makes the place glow.

I'm working on finding a place in that community to show my shots of this
and a neiboring farm before they get bulldozed. The thought is to show an
aspect of these very familiar and loathed places as subjects of "art." Not
a new idea, but a good opportunity to play with that aspect of photography.
Could I get a few people to look at the farms anew? Only if the shots are
strong enough, so please give me some feedback on that.

http://quazynet.no-ip.org/PAW/PAW03-9.htm

This page is pictures taken just before sunset at Rochester's Highland
Park, location of the almost-famous Lilac Festival. The Park is full of
flowering trees and bushes. The festival is over now and the place is a
riot of blooms, which I hope to show you next week. I hoped with these
shots to get some feeling of anticipation for  the beauty to come.

Just an aside - I'm working with a group that is trying to restore a
feature of this gorgeous park as it was conceived by F.L. Olmsted, the same
guy who did Central Park in NYC. We have two Olmsted parks in Rochester,
one of which is planned to be partially paved as a parking lot!
www.highlandparkconservancy.org is a site I put together to support the
campaign. It was so much fun to play with the old photos.

Anyhow, now I'm caught up. As always, I'm anxious to know your impressions
of any of this work, what's good and what's not, and suggestions about how
to improve.

Best wishes,

Carl